Increasing your online presence is a valuable way to gain brand exposure, but with so many ways to communicate on the web, where do you start?
Here at Creative Bytes Design, we know the options are endless, and our ultimate cheat sheet can help you develop a game plan to increase your online presence. For our list, we’ve picked only the most effective and inexpensive tools to help you expand your reach.
- Twitter is an effective tool for increasing your online presence, and it is free and far-reaching. Interact with your followers and tweet people in your niche. Make new friends. With Twitter, you can do a lot to make yourself known on the web for free.
- Along with free tweeting you can also try Twitter’s paid advertising to gain more followers, clicks, conversions and many other goals you want to achieve with social media advertising. No matter how small your budget, you can run a Twitter ad campaign. Some people run ad campaigns for as little as $1 a day for five days!
- Facebook pages are free, easy to make and easy to navigate. It is one of the most popular ways to interact with your audience and give them updates. Almost everyone has a Facebook page, and hopefully your brand has one page too.
- You can also use it to reach a wider targeted audience with paid Facebook ads. Facebook ads are flexible, and you can spend as little as $3 to run an ad campaign. The ads will blend in with your viewer’s feed and look similar to other post in their news feed.
- People love appealing photography. Instagram is a great place to engage your audience and catch their attention.
- They also offer paid targeted advertising that flows naturally inside of the Instagram ecosystem. You can create an ad campaign on Instagram with Facebook Ads Manager.
- Pinterest is another platform where you can use eye-catching photography, graphics and engaging typography to interact with your audience for free.
- You can create a free Pinterest business profile. You can also convert your old profile into a business profile if you don’t want to manage multiple profiles.
- They also offer paid advertising to reach more people. Pinterest ads flow naturally within the platform. Their ads are affordable and flexible, so anyone can start an ad campaign on Pinterest—no matter how small their budget. The process of creating an ad campaign is simple and extremely user-friendly.
- Gravatar’s website defines a gravatar as a globally recognized avatar. A gravatar is essentially a picture of you or your brand attached to your email address. Whenever you comment on a website or blog with that email address, your picture will appear next to your comment. People use gravatars when they want their identity known on the web. A gravatar is a great tool for increasing your online presence when communicating in the comments section of a blog or in message boards.
- MailChimp is an email marketing platform. With MailChimp, you can create email templates, manage your mailing list and send mass emails. Their platform is simple and user-friendly, and their forever free plan is a great place to start for small businesses.